Tuesday 5 March 2013

A much needed break...

In the run up to Good Vibrations, in fact just days before the event I lost another member of family to cancer, someone too young and had young children of his own to deserve to depart from this world so early. It made Good Vibrations tough but means that the £10,000 challenge is even more important.

It has also left me and my partner somewhat exhausted and in need of some us time to come to terms with what has happened and also just have some down time.

I have a habit of keeping myself busy to deal with sad and difficult things, I have done well doing this and the last 12 months has seen a great success in raising money, I am closer to my total than I ever dreamed after such a short time - and therefore promised myself and my loving boyfriend that I would have a break until my 30th birthday - which is August this year - reminding myself this is a life time goal, not a goal to reach before I am 30.

So, as much as I get joy and love from these events, I will be taking time out from it during the first part of this year... (no doubt coming up with ideas in my head in the mean time!)

Chris (my boyfriend) and his brother have dedicated themselves to a challenge of there own - they agreed to match like for like any money donated to Robs Dedications Page and now will be looking to raise £5000 of their own to give to Macmillan - I hope I can help along the way. But maybe not for a few months.

I will update the Good Vibrations details during this time, but holding off from any events just for now.

It's been an exlierating yet exhausting 12 months.

Miss you Dad and now miss you too Rob, I am devastated you both will miss my wedding to your beautiful brother and would have been fab son in law. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment